Due to unforeseen difficulties, the Compagnie du Mont Blanc has announced that the planned reopening of the Bochard gondola on March 30th will be delayed.
Despite the benign weather conditions, temperatures have been more wintery than anticipated for this time of year. This has made it difficult to inject sealing materials into the lift's anchorage system, mainly because of the longer drying times. A new reopening date will be announced very soon.
In the meantime, six lifts remain open in Les Grands Montets including the Plan Joran gondola, Herse, Retour Pendant and Tabe chairlifts, and the Marmottons and Petit Marmottons drag lifts, servicing 12 pistes.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live