Producing craft beers heavily inspired by the mountains that surround this micro-brewery, the guys at Big Mountain Company create hoppy brews made with clear mountain water and smooth, warm malts.
This year, they've been awarded five prizes at the prestigious World Beer Awards, which highlight each country's best beers divided into nine different taste categories. Their small-batch series Orange Zest Sour was the winner in the Sour/Wild Ale category, while they got Gold in the American-style IPA section for their signature IPA.
In the Specialty category, they received Gold for their Tropical Smoothie IPA and Bronze for the Rye IPA. Finally, their Session IPA got the Silver distinction in the Session category.
You can try their beers at their bar in the centre of Chamonix, as well as at craft beer specialists Bighorn Bistro, in Cham Sud. Congratulations to the brewmasters at Big Mountain Brewing Company!
More Chamonix Insights...
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019