Winter is here! The Compagnie du Mont Blanc has just announced that the Grands Montets ski area, in the Chamonix Valley, will open partially on the weekend of November 23rd and 24th 2019 thanks to the early-season snowfalls.
Three lifts will be open – the Plan Joran and Bochard gondolas and the Tabé chairlift, giving access to four pistes – Bochard, Marmottons, Coq and Tabé. The Pierre à Ric homerun will be shut so skiers will need to descend in the Plan Joran gondola. The ski area will open at 09:00, with the return from Plan Joran scheduled until 16:45.
There will be discounted ski passes available, with one-day passes priced at €28 and weekend ski passes for €40. Ski pass offices will open from 08:40 to 16:30. Bon ski !
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 13th December 2019
- First Chamonix snow report of winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 10th December 2019
- Lots of early-season snow in Chamonix
- Chamonix opens for winter 2019/20
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Chamonix Saturday Market, Chamonix Centre
- Discovery Walk & Mini-Photoshoot, Chamonix
- Art Exhibition at the Salons de l'Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre
- Nordic Monster Test, Chamonix
- Art Exhibition at La Maison Carrier in the Hameau Albert Premier, Chamonix
- Wine Tasting Lunch at Hameau Albert 1er, Chamonix - Centre