Les Houches has 2 cross-country ski areas, both of which are free to use.
The Chavants area comprises 2 circuits of around 3km which follow an easy route around the lake and through the forest.
The Prarion area is at 1850m (accessed via the Prarion gondola) and is more challenging with longer trails that loop around a high altitude plateau, affording beautiful views of the Chamonix and Passy valleys.
Equipment can be rented fairly cheaply from local ski hire shops.
- Les Chavants / La Prarion Les Houches 74310 France
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- VIP corporate retreats in Chamonix 2019/20
- What's on in Chamonix September 2019
- What happened at Chamonix's UTMB 2019?
- Follow the 2019 UTMB runners live
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019