Les Houches has 2 cross-country ski areas, both of which are free to use.
The Chavants area comprises 2 circuits of around 3km which follow an easy route around the lake and through the forest.
The Prarion area is at 1850m (accessed via the Prarion gondola) and is more challenging with longer trails that loop around a high altitude plateau, affording beautiful views of the Chamonix and Passy valleys.
Equipment can be rented fairly cheaply from local ski hire shops.
- Les Chavants / La Prarion Les Houches 74310 France
More Chamonix Insights...
- Unsettled weather in the Chamonix Valley
- Beautiful wintery Chamonix weather
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Amazing powder skiing in Chamonix
- Chamonix in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 29th January 2020