This webcam is located at the top of the Prarion Gondola in the Les Houches ski area and weather permitting will give you a fabulous panoramic shot of the valley.
In the centre you can see the departure point of the pistes/trails from the top station of the Prarion and Chamonix town is just visible in the distance on the valley floor. Towards the top of the image is a view of the entire Aiguilles mountain range cluminating in the snowy peak of Mont Blanc itself. Just below is the distinctive icy formation of the Bionnassay glacier which is also where the Tramway du Mont Blanc terminates at the Nid d'Aigle (Eagle's Nest) refuge. Many climbers start their ascent of Mont Blanc from this side via the "Voie Royale". One further point of interest below Mont Blanc is the Bellevue area of Les Houches, where you will find the Snow Park and the World Cup Schuss des Dames piste in winter - accessed directly from the Bellevue cable car.
Webcam image courtesy of the Compagnie du Mont Blanc
- Chamonix brewery at World Beer Awards 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Chamonix
- 10 reasons Chamonix is the ultimate 2020 luxury ski destination
- What's on in Chamonix August 2019
- What's on in Chamonix July 2019